The Shield Tech line of Nomex® undergarments provides the highest level of protection and technology for comfort and breathability. The Shield Tech is homologated to the newest FIA standard 8856-2018 which provides the highest fire protection. When designing this new line of undergarments, Sparco studied the drivers seating position to ensure ultimate fit and comfort. Strategic weaving of the material produces increased breathability along with articulation. Shield Tech uses a seamless construction with ultra-soft stretchable material. There are two different woven materials in key areas; thin stretch for comfort and mobility as well as a double perforated panels for increased breathability. The minimal seams are stitched flat with thin specialized thread for added comfort. All Shield Tech pieces are treated with Sparco’s X-Cool treatment, which draws heat from the body surface to cool the driver. In addition to cooling the driver, X-Cool treatment has an anti-bacterial effect.
HOOD SHIELD TECH
The Shield Tech balaclava (hood) was designed with no seams across the mouth and chin area for comfort when wearing a helmet. The traditional center seam across the front of the forehead has been moved to a side seam to lessen any chances of pressure when wearing a helmet. Available in black or white.
- Newest FIA rating - FIA 8856-2018
- Seamless stretchable Nomex in key areas for mobility
- Perforated knit in key areas for breathability
- Designed for comfort in a driving position
- Minimal external seams increase driver comfort
- X Cool Silver draws heat from the body surface to cool the driver
- X Cool Silver has anti-bacterial effect